It's been some time since I was able to update you on some literature. This includes things that I've read and thoroughly enjoyed and things I've been doing, as far as literature goes, myself. So, first thing's first, the people.
The People
Not too long ago I found some extra time to myself and got onto Booksie. Now, if you don't remember what Booksie is, it's a site where authors of all genres and styles come together.
Facebook for literature nerds.
It promotes literature we post on there and has this little cool feature called Random Lines on the top right that gives you ONE line of a random story.
However, this site isn't exactly awesome sauce yet. There are some bugs that needs to be worked out for it to be somewhat awesome sauce, but hey, we all start somewhere.
Anywho, I read a few stories and found one I did enjoy. Not to say the others weren't any good, I'm just saying "I" didn't find it enjoyable. Meaning it's only my opinion and who cares about that, right?
This person wrote an interesting, War of the Worlds feel, type of story. I read the prelude with the time I had and some of the first chapter. It is very well written and details flow naturally. It is considered sci-fi and...well I thought it was a good read. The story is called...
By Leo Cantus
Cantus commented on my profile page, asking me to read some of his/her work. Well, of course, happens all the time in Booksie. I figured, since I had the time, why not?What drew my immediate attention was the title, which involves a little bit of backstory.
It involves Final Fantasy, and my nerdism for it. I love the FF series and well, Valhalla is mentioned in FF13-2 which I really want to get and play for the collection and to say "I played it" as a loyal fan. To be entirely honest, I had no idea what Valhalla was until the game mentions it. I know, I know. It's a thing, a real thing. Not a real real thing for some beliefs but it is a real thing...If you know what I mean. I'm just saying I found it out through Final Fantasy, and my nerdism for it led me to actually become interested in his story. Just from the title. Don't you judge me.
So, this story is pretty intense from the beginning. We're talking a normal day in the neighborhood and then BAM, life changing. It literally takes NO PRISONERS. And good. This is enjoyable to me. And my imagination.
Find it on Booksie, or Click on the Title above. That's right, it's a link. Who'da Thunk It? Also, click on the name Leo Cantus to see his other works.
Cantus will be appearing on the Epic Blog Link! with the other Features I have there. Please remember they are other people who deserve some recognition too. Either for their ingenuity or skill.
MYSELF
I do love that people are eagerly waiting for me to get chapters up on my stories, In Loving Memory: Aiden's Story, Death Petal and Sin7. And, don't worry, in eventuality I will. I do enjoy writing, and putting down thoughts that I think are pretty damn cool and exaggerating those events in my life into my stories.
However...
Those stories, I have decided will be on hold. Lately, I've noticed a certain "grasp" that's been keeping me from my full, crazily creative self. "It's" been blocking my flow and "it" needs to be broken down so the water can flow at it's full potential.
For too long it has kept me in place, and now I found a way to cope and finish it off. The final blows, and if I can finish this, entirely: edited, revised, (other words that pretty much mean I'm going to revise it one way or another) go over, and finalize it, I think I can move on with my life and let it go forever.
So, unfortunately, Sin7 and the others will be held onto until this is finished. Don't get me wrong, that doesn't mean you'll not see anything from me until it's finally finished. I'll be updating Booksie with it, and update my blogs here about it when I get it in. And with that said, I bring you...
Aria of the Opera
Sorry to all looking forward to the other stories' new chapters. It will be a while. But, please, please do enjoy this one. This will be a very important one for me.
Synopsis:
A shared love for a gothic novel, The Phantom of the Opera (originally by French writer Gaston Leroux), connects the lives of Salem Brise and Allison Masque. Singing the words together as their lives duet beautifully swiftly reveals a mask and rose. Who obtains the role of a life time?
As always, Thanks for reading.
Friend, Add, Follow, Join, Watch, Fan, and of course, Subscribe (Pwetty Pwease :) )
If you enjoyed, that is. Or want updates. That works too.
CLICK HERE FOR MORE AWESOME PEOPLE, AWESOME LITERATURE, AND OTHER THINGS!
As always, Thanks for reading.
Friend, Add, Follow, Join, Watch, Fan, and of course, Subscribe (Pwetty Pwease :) )
If you enjoyed, that is. Or want updates. That works too.
CLICK HERE FOR MORE AWESOME PEOPLE, AWESOME LITERATURE, AND OTHER THINGS!

No comments:
Post a Comment