It is now week 2 in this new class with this hybrid schedule. Slowly getting used to it. Slowly. We're working on a 5pg website on copyright. I've researched copyright a few times and new a bit of information ahead of time. With all that in mind, I had some sort of head start in my website content, but not an awful lot.
For my site, I tried to target designers, to educate them on copyright while keeping a lighter feel to it. I tried to make it interesting to read and almost comical. I know there's a lot of content on these kinds of sites and not everyone has the audacity to stay up and read what's there. So, in my theory, if it's a wee-bit interesting, with some original speech and out-of-character content it should keep the viewer's attention more than a super content heavy site.
I also added images to help those who're a bit more visual learners. I used a site I use frequently called Booksie as my example and went as far as using YouTube's infamous Copyright Infringement on video messages on Rebecca Black's Friday song.
It's okay. It made me shiver too. All for the sake of annoying comedy.
![]() |
| That would be my site banner. |
On a side note...
For those of you who has been following me before...Yes I am using my own personal blog for class and personal things now. So, postings will be consisting both class work and my own work.
Speaking of my own work, I've finally obtained a roll of painter's tape. I think it's actual name was Stencil Tape. Makes me feel like I'm cheating now...Oh well.
My aim is to create a painting I call "Anti-Mondrian" style. The simple shapes and colors divided by a black or white line style he had was an interesting research a few months ago when my friend Mark brought it to the class's attention during a presentation. The paintings are so similar yet contain much thought process behind each thing. To know that we use the design today in magazines and layouts, is really actually quite astounding.
So, my aim with the painting, the "Anti-Mondrian" is to use the Mondrian design as a guide. Mr. Mondrian wasn't fond of diagonals. Which is what I'm going to try and attempt. A perspective Mondrian influenced painting to portray how long and how long will it last in years to come.
In other news, 007 Casino Royale with Daniel Craig as Bond came in. It's been a while since I first ordered it. First time it really took this long. Oh well, more to my unending Bond collection of DVDs!
And lastly, Aria of the Opera has been uploaded (Just Prologue, named Before the Curtain Rises..., and chapter one: Please). Link will be provided below.
That's all for now.
As always, thanks for reading.
Links:
> Aria of the Opera
> Epic Link Blog -For people who deserve more recognition.
-Features Authors and Designers

No comments:
Post a Comment