Welcome to my first LITERATURE FEATURE (heh, I'm clever).
In this segment of my blog, besides to constant bickering of getting you people to read my stories (read them by the way, hehe), I will feature (whenever I find one I like a lot) a random fan's (of my booksie page) literature. This piece of work can be pretty much anything (literature wise, I mean, duh. Look at the thing's title), from novels, poems, and more.
This is how it works:
1) Have to be an active member on Booksie, with at least one story on your profile.
2) Have to be a fan of my page.
3)I look at people's work randomly, nothing you can do about that. So be sure to put something in it to grab my attention.
a) Awesome Title
b) Awesome Picture
c) Kick Arse Summary
4) Add my other sites, such as this Blogger one, so you can see if your work is up there.
a) Facebook
b) Deviant Art
c) YouTube (Don't be hatin' my music, yo.)
5) Don't follow stereotypes in your stories, I mean I do enjoy few clichés from time to time, but seriously all love stories I've been reading is pretty much...the same. As words from a wise man once said, "Come on, somebody throw a damn pie already!"
6) Your story has to be appealing to me. Like most readers, if I'm reading something that really grabs me by the bowls, I'll keep reading.
7) Story has to have a good flow to easy, a structure that doesn't hurt the eyes (I think I need glasses lol), enjoyable and not too many odd big words. Like the words sometimes people go to a thesaurus to sound smart.
8) No pestering me to read your stories for the Feature. Because I won't. Ex: I heard you're going to feature someone on your sites! Read blah blah blah blah and FEATURE IT!
a) Yeah...no.
9) Don't be offended if I leave a comment on your work and you don't get featured. I'm only doing one person at a time and you'll have a good chance to be in it if you got a comment from me.
a) If you got an enthusiastic comment that's filled with question marks, high chance.
b) Regular comment with just laid back-ness in it, good chance.
c) An Alright comment is an everyday comment. Average Chance.
Anyway, now that has been explained. My first Feature goes to...!
Actually...It was tough. I read a few stories and I actually went all the way through some wanting to know more. So for my first Feature, there will be a First and a Consolation notice for two people.
"But Fayt D: Your rules say blah blah blah blah!"
-I know, it's my blog, now hush! It's my first feature and I want 'em both on it. It's not going to be an All the Time thing. Geez. Pestering, Me.
First Awesome Feature Goes to...
By: Coby Shanks
This story involves a lot of mind screwing events! There is only two chapters up, and a very, very interesting start. This story follows Detective Beth, who usually is involved with cases of women who suspects their husbands of cheating. An unfortunate event happen that led him to become a bit obsessed with finding the shooter, that shot his brother Casey. It consumed the poor Detective until an answer came to him unexpectedly.
It's a mystery story. Anyone remember L.A. Noire the video game?
It's pretty much like that. If you like mysteries and love the game, definitely give this story a shot! It might just kill you.
Now, for the Consolation Winner.
This one goes to the story
By EmerWick
This is a curious story. It follows a pair of siblings, Reyn and Maeve. They study the mysteries of alchemy and magic. And their father, has an obsession with what's expected to be the power of Immortality. Maeve strives to be a normal girl, but with her family already judged and branded as "Strange" she has no chance. Well, one day they start noticing changes in their house that leads the two to suspect their father is selling his experiments for money to support them. They don't like the idea, alchemy and magic is dangerous as is with dire consequences. There's only two chapters up, and it starts a little slow with explaining the story's back bone but it definitely will draw your attention.
Click on the titles to get to the stories. I set up the links to open in a new window this time. Definitely worth your while. Give Shanks and EmerWick some love!
Also, on a small note, I've posted my Eater novel (Started actually) on Booksie. There is a link at the beginning you can click for my Booksie page. Enjoy!
Update:
In Loving Memory: Salem's Story: Has been Submitted. Wish me luck!
Sin7: Chapter 4 Heavy Hearts has been uploaded on Booksie! Click the Link above and check it out!
Eater: Only Prologue is up for now.
Soon to Come:
In Loving Memory: Aiden's Story
Concept Idea: Story follows Aiden Penn in his struggle throughout life. He has no father, and no sibling. He lives with his Mother who has become very ill. Desperate to find a job, he finally scores a high paying job that's a bit too far from home. Determined to care take for his mother, he accepts the job. His boss, Nalie, spares no sympathy for him. She works him hard, but for his own good. Aiden holds a grudge against Nalie, but under unfortunate circumstances, his mother becomes severely ill. Drastically weaker than her previous state, Aiden's mother, Marry, is confined to a hospital bed. Aiden's heart weighs heavy, and his desperation for money becomes even more desperate. He works day and night none stop to keep his mother alive until she's recuperation.
Note: The ideas and story events may change throughout time.
Sin7 Chapter 5 The Hard Truth will be coming soon.
Concept Idea: With the Captain and Ester gone, Laural will have to lead the team back to Last Hope (the safe haven) and tell their sister the unfortunate news. On their way back, they're ambushed by rogue Eaters and Demons. Puzzled by how they are even getting into the North hemisphere with Sky Way Port broken, they run for their lives. A life is lost and the team grieves even more. Their numbers are slowly decreasing, will they make it back to Last Hope? Who died? To find out stay tuned!

No comments:
Post a Comment