Total Pageviews

Monday, August 20, 2012

Literature Feature #4

Hello Blogger,

Welp, it's that time again! I have found another wondrous piece of literature that I would like to share with you, all. And, after a video update for my new Let's Play of Duodecim 012 Final Fantasy. So, let's get started.

Do you like girls named Alice? Yes? Why, that's funny. Because I do too! But, wait. Alice in...Wonderland? That's even better. What more could you say to exponentially increase my curiosity and excitement? An American McGee-like Alice written by an amateur writer who does a good job at her story? Why, that's preposterous! But, oh it is true!

Long have I waited for a piece of literature that really suites my tastes. My tastes in the insanity of one's mind and the actual morbidness of things were gone unquenched while wandering the pages on Booksie. But the wait was worth it!

Review Time:
This story is about Alice Lane, a cute, adorable girl whom I would love to meet and kidnap for myself. She is in her teen years and she can see ghosts. LAWL. Just kidding. She doesn't see ghosts. She's a stand alone student, and is thought of as mute and unstable. Why, might you ask? She was admitted to an Insane Asylum at a very young age, and those around her fear for her outbreaks and tantrums should they trigger any...unhappy thoughts. But, why would such a young, gorgeous creature be so dangerous? That's for the author to know and for us to find out! Alice can hear, talk to, interact with people who...aren't there. No, they aren't dead, if you haven't gotten my 'ghost' joke earlier then...I have failed you.

The author does a good job exploring the mind of a person who suffers from such traumatic events, and a very well done job at portraying the characters that are there, but aren't. There are many characters you will find with likeness to the Alice in Wonderland characters. That  is good. We want that. What sets aside this story from the other renditions of Alice is that it is neither a happy, cheerful story nor a gruesome, bloodfest. It is a mind ninja. The kind of story where you're like 'oh, oka- WHAT!? My world was just shaken!'. Well, sort of. You follow Alice as she tries to claim normality while things just keep pulling her back to the brink of insanity. Get it? INSANITY? Pulling her back to it? No? Oh well.

In the Creativity portion of this, I can't give it a full 10. Because it IS a rendition of Alice, which isn't exactly an original idea, but there is originality in it. So it sits on a solid 8.

Story-Telling section, this definitely gets a 10, because the story is one big magnet, and you just can't stop reading if you...voice it out loud like I do when you read. I should do a Fayt Reads: Insanity for YouTube.

Grammar Mechanics gets a 9, while there were some things in there that weren't really needed it still showed very good grammar and correct usage of words.

 Total: 27/30 Excellent Score!

The Winner of this Literature Feature is:

Insanity                       
God, I love American McGee's Alice

Yes, I just added the score feature on my Literature Feature blogs. So, from now on all winners will be scored out of 30. But, if I chose it you know it'll be up there! 
Because I'm very picky at what I read. 


Now then, for other updates!

Sin7 really hasn't moved. It's still at the same chapter where Chris and Melanie are looking for Laural and they have a little girl named Liore with them. The next chapter will be worked on soon. I promise. Other than that, the story on Booksie has over 220 views and over 55 comments! I'm very happy with this, but let's not stop there!

In Loving Memory: Aiden's Story has its next chapter in the works. Last we left off was when Aiden and Allison stopped by their childhood spot to watch the sun drop into the ocean. Cute, isn't it? Almost forget I have a deranged mind. The next chapter is called Loving Memories, where you witness them reminiscing on their past while they enjoy their time at a carnival. 

Brink of Anguish and Demon Who Suffers from Insomnia has been cancelled due to the lack of people's interest. Don't blame 'em. I'm pretty much a nobody at the moment. But one day, you'll see. I'll be more known somehow!

VIDEO UPDATES
Well, I haven't gotten many requests for doing battles on Duodecim 012 Final Fantasy. So I started with my friends. The first one, that was posted the other day, was an introduction video (The original video with the audio swap) to my new Let's Play series on YouTube. The second one, Squall vs Prishe, was my friend Saya's request. It was a clash between her 'Boyfriend' and my 'Girlfriend' on Duodecim. I played as her boyfriend and kicked my girlfriend's ass. Sorry, Prishe. 

Well, I'm please to say I have a new video uploaded. Ruka requested Cloud vs Yuna. At first you're probably like, 'oh no problem Yuna is a push over,' well she's not. Ruka had Yuna be put on MAX difficulty and VICIOUS play style. Yes, I haven't played Duodecim in a long time and have made very crucial mistakes but nonetheless she was HARD! Yuna dodges and attacks very instantly. For someone so predictable and slow like Cloud, I had issues.
Like, Favourite, Comment, Request, and Subscribe to my Blogger and YouTube Pwetty Pwease :)

Well, that's all the updates for today! Stay frosty Blogger! Cheers!

Literature Feature Winners:

Chilling and Twisted - Angie Blake
Score: 25  Creativity: HIGH  Grammar Mech: Medium  Story-Telling: Okay

Hell Town - Stormbird Throneshaker
Score: 26  Creativity: VERY HIGH  Grammar Mech: HIGH  Story-Telling: Okay

Smoke in the Rain - Coby Shanks
Score: 24  Creativity: Medium  Grammar Mech: VERY HIGH  Story-Telling: Good

Immortal Vaccine - Emerwick
Score: 21  Creativity: Okay  Grammar Mech: Medium  Story-Telling: High

No comments:

Post a Comment