Total Pageviews

Friday, August 31, 2012

Let's Read

Hey Blogger,

Yep, that's right. You read my title right. This one is about Let's Reads on YouTube. My friend has started a Let's Read on a story to add to her videos and such. Her YouTube video and link to her page will be posted below. Make sure you come watch, and listen as her accent serenades you as she reads an original story from a member on the Booksie site.

So, what's a Let's Read?

A Let's Read is a YouTube video that the owner of the YouTube account (with others or sometimes alone) makes a video reading the lines of a story to the general audience. The story can be their own original, a story someone else wrote (with their permission) or a story found elsewhere (permission may be needed and credit must go to the original author). It's like an audio book on YouTube.

How did you come up with the idea? 

That's easy. I didn't. I was talking to Karey (Karen, or KarenRosey on her YouTube account) and she said she didn't know what kinds of videos to do. So, I thought hmm...BRAINSTORM!

I shot her a couple of ideas, but she wasn't that interested in it. Then, I realized. I remember seeing someone I was fond of doing Let's Reads on his YouTube channel and I enjoyed it. The idea came from Cry (or ChaoticMonki on YouTube). He's pretty well-known on YouTube for his voice, reads and Let's Plays. You see him multiple times playing with Pewdiepie. So, I thought Karey could do Let's Reads too.

So, before all the viewers start complaining that Karey copied Cry, take your complaints to me.
Copying Cry's idea is a form of flattery.
Also, if looked upon as an art form than your "She Copied" Bull doesn't apply. We all do something, wear something, talk the way we do through influence. So, you're all copiers. Congrats. :)

Why did you want Karen to do Let's Reads?

Because I thoroughly enjoy Karey's voice. I quite like her accent. And for her first video for Let's Read I think she did a fine job.


Okay, now the link!
Karey's Let's Read: Memory in the Dark by Haley Choi Part One

Click the Part One portion of the video title. Leave a comment on here, on her page or mine about any questions or general comments.





Other News:

There's a new Duodecim 012 Final Fantasy video up on my YouTube called Labyrinth. It's basically a video on my Labyrinth mode run through. 

Now, I have 50% of the Labyrinth explored and I was caught in the Chamber of Agony. If you don't know what that is, it's an excruciating pathway filled with battles. Not so bad? After each battle your HP doesn't heal. Still not bad enough? You're not given White Mage (healing) cards often throughout your time in the Chambers. 

What happened was...I have 5 character slots filled. I had Tifa, Zidane, Warrior of Light, Shantoto and Vaan. The chamber I was in had an EXIT at the end of it, so that means take home treasures and save! As I widdled my way through the chamber I noticed they've been pelting me with HIGH-Max difficulties. Why? I have no idea. But it's fine, nothing my Zidane, Warrior of Light and Vaan can't handle.

I was wrong. 

Zidane's HP was chipped away at and he eventually died. Warrior of Light died against the Cloud of Darkness due to me being zapped with 4.4K hp from the Get-Go of the match. And Vaan was eventually decimated by Sephiroth at some point.

The video shows some awesome and not so awesome replays of my travels. Then, having only Tifa left alive I had ONE more battle. I'd be home free, save and keep my cave items. I faced Kain and the most unnerving and disappointing thing happened.

Click Here to see what happened. 


Welp, still trying to get a job. No one's hiring me with all my applications out there. It's a bit of a put down. It's been a year, so far. Stressing, no doubt. But I'll be's fine's. Just going to keep doing what I'm doing. Whatever it is I actually do. What do Fayt's do anyway? I dunno.



Literature Feature Winners:
Insanity - 13llama17
Chilling and Twisted - Angie Blake
Hell Town - Stormbird Throneshaker
Smoke in the Rain - Coby Shanks
Immortal Vaccine - Emerwick



As Always, Thanks for Reading.
Comment, Favourite, Share, Link, Say Hi, and of course, Subscribe (Pwetty Pwease)


Other Links:
Karen Rose's YouTube
Fayt Hart's YouTube
Haley Choi's Booksie
Fayt Hart's Booksie

1 comment: