Total Pageviews

Sunday, September 9, 2012

Gears are Turning

Hello Blogger,

Well, gears are beginning to turn again. I've been in quite a slump for a while and couldn't really come up with a thing. However, it's all starting to come to me now. And, I've some updates for you all, those of you who actually read this anyway, I'll try and make this as entertaining as possible. With little use of color. Maybe.

On to the Updates!

T'is all exciting. In my previous post, I explained my new Cafepress that will be coming up soon and my new design name called Hart Designs. I also showed you a draft of my logo for it. Well, I went back and thought of something a bit more simple. So, minus the stake, bandage and blood, what do I have left? A strong visual of a logo design. How? Everyone loves the colors Black and Red. It is almost undeniable that those two colors are just...well meant for each other. That being said, I decided to make the design Red and Black.

How repetitive, right?

Well, yeah. It is, but keep in mind, I'm not your ordinary designer. Oh, no, no. I am of the darker side of things. When you think of a heart you automatically think of multiple things it's associated with.

PASSION
LOVE
COMPASSION
SINCERITY

...and of course, the anatomic visual and function of a heart. 


All that jazz. So, with my twist in things; I think it's time to tear things apart. Literally.

I went back to my original design on Adobe Illustrator and took our the stake, the rip and the bandages and added in an outline for the "D" that is the Right half of the heart.  The outline is similar to the left's design, except smaller. The outline is in black and the inner parts are bold red. 

Now, for the tearing.

The "D" is still tearing from the left side of the heart, except it's emphasized more. You can see the fiber and the flesh tearing from each side. The tension before the break and you can see the dangling parts that had snapped already. That's all in black. It's like tearing the outline apart from the top and watching the flesh stretch and snap like a rubber band. 

...Or silly putty. Hehe.


Hehe, so fun.

Anyhow, the design now is, and will be a lot more simpler and easier to transfer from work to work than a hold complex image. After all, I want my logo to be simply remembered. Haha, get it?

An image of its progress will be posted in the next Blog post, so don't get discouraged that you're not seeing it yet. (I can hear crickets...)







More!

I started my first design for my shirts. Well, the graphics I'll be putting on shirts using Cafepress. Does everyone remember my Ester Panda?

I used a guide base, twisted the design and added my own features. Well, it's coming back, but this time with my own hand-drawn base. I drew down a body and head base on my notebook and scanned it in. It's ready to be traced and polished in Illustrator and Photoshop. 





This one is called "PLAY". It features the animal versions of Ester and Fayt, with remodelling done to Fayt and a little remodelling of Ester. They're more Teddy Bear-like now. Which, I thought, was cute. 

Too cute.


So, what's an easy awesome factor to add? Zombies! That's right, zombie plushy versions of Fayt and Ester to be starring in "PLAY" for T-shirts. I would like to create that actual plushy for it, but I am no way shape or form skilled in that. Here's the sketch of the zombie plushies. Changes may be made for the final product. 

My Head needs to be fixed.

Further!

Well, some of you who know me, know I'm a fan of Chaotic Monki on YouTube. I find him very admirable, and his videos entertaining. Well, in my previous post I told you all about the Let's Read my friend Kary (She likes it spelt that way better) did. To which I will link you all again, for those who missed it last time, to see it again.

Myself and Kary want to do a Voice Over Manga style for a twisted Cinderella story. Of course, the credit goes to the author and illustrator of that manga. I may be playing the Witch, other than that I have pretty much the guy roles. (Such as the Prince, Jester) 

On the YouTube video, which will be a part of Kary's channel, we will link you to the online readable manga, our channels and other links of ours. You'll probably find yourself back here. If you do.

Hi.

As far as my stories go, I have a new title brimming and toiling in my brain. It'll be different from my usual works though. As embarrassing as this is, it may be a romance novel. Yuck. Don't ask.

Sin7 will be continued, I promise. If you haven't seen it already, take a look. You'll get a good idea of where it's going. I haven't started to edit it yet, but I will be working on a lot soon.

In Loving Memory Aiden's Story is the only one that had been updated in the last few weeks. That will also be updated. I'm mainly waiting on the editing, because I had asked for assistance in my school at the writing lab. The teacher enjoys it, and thinks I'm on to something. Sure hope so. 



Been working on my guitar skills playing Hey Jude, practising chords. I'm not ready for a recording on YouTube yet. It still sounds horrid. I want to try the Across The Universe version. If you don't know what that is, it's a movie made a few years back using Beatles music to move the story along. It's a wonderful movie and definitely worth the watch. Check it out when you have the chance. 

That's all for now!
As always, thanks for reading.

Like, Share, Favourite, Subscribe, Friend, Fan, and 

Say Hi. (Pwetty Pwease :) )

Kary's Let's Read LINK
Kary's YouTube LINK
      
Fayt's YouTube LINK
Fayt's Deviant Art LINK
Fayt's Booksie LINK
Fayt's Facebook LINK

Haley Choi
- The Story LINK

Literature Feature Winners:
Insanity - 13LLAMA17
Chilling and Twisted - ANGIE BLAKE
Hell Town - STORMBIRD THRONESHAKER
Smoke in the Rain - COBY SHANKS
Immortal Vaccine - EMERWICK

Hart Designs
Cafe Press -No Link-
Tattoo Request LINK

...Sorry, for the Literature Feature Winners, I will only be linking the Winner's Name. I think it'd give them more chances to get more reads on other works. If you are still interested in the work listed there, it can be found on their page on the left side. There's a box generally for all literature works they've posted. 

Also, please support my designs. I appreciate and promise to message everyone back who messages me! (At least once depending on how busy it gets)

No comments:

Post a Comment